Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Guestpost

In order to get new perspectives and hear new voices, we are going to invite friends, neighbors, and relatives to write about what is one their mind on Wednesdays.

Today we get to hear from Logan's sister Paige:





How we use music to express how we feel.

                When my girls JV basketball team is trying to get ready for a game, we will blast music in the locker room to get our minds off of other things and start focusing on the game. The music we listen to? Rap. Specifically Eminem. Why? I think it may be the fast paced speed of the songs that gets us ready, since only half of the time do we actually understand what Mr. Mathers is saying.  High school is fun for so many different reasons, but one that sticks out is dating and crushes. It’s so fun to pass my crush in the hall and have him smile at me. Or when I am in the same class as him and I secretly just stare at him from across the room. I SWEAR there is a song for every boy I like, specifically a Taylor Swift one at that. You may talk all the time and think you have something going, and then one day he asks your opinion on this girl he thinks he likes. ‘Tear drops on my guitar’ would be the one for you, because you are just so frustrated at him and her that you just want to cry. There is a song for all of our different emotions. We listen to music for everything: when we are sad, when we celebrate, when we are confused. Music has formed the way we do things. There is music for every emotion we have.

-Paige

Thanks so much Paige for helping us out. We both totally agree. there are songs that make us think of certain people and songs for certain moods.




1 comment:

  1. I can tell this is going to be my favorite blog ever.
    Also, I love that you know the exact mileage between the two of you.

    ReplyDelete