Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blog Love

Kate
A cute thing that this blogger does is every now and again spotlights a fun blogger.

This is Kate and she blogs here.
We think she is the coolest and wanted to showcase her a little bit.


1. What are five words to describe your personality?Determined, spontaneous, accepting, adventurous, creative.

2. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Back in my high school days, like 2 years ago, I had this rad photography teacher, Larry Prescott. Each of us in the class created a photo blog and that is where our weekly assignments went. After I graduated High school I moved to Ethiopia. To keep my family and friends updated on my adventures I kept blogging when I could. Then I blogged through my grumpiness of being home, summer happiness, Ethiopia trip 2, and all the way to now. The blog just stuck.

3. How did you name your blog?
Originally my blog was 'clicky finger with ideas.' I thought I was really clever, after all it was a photo blog. It wasn't until this past October I changed it to 'Dreams with no Boundaries'. I had just arrived back in Ethiopia for the second time. When I started telling people I was going to go back to Ethiopia I got a very negative response. The name is a HA I MADE MY UNREACHABLE DREAM COME TRUE kind of thing I guess. I strongly believe you can make your dreams come true.



4. What are some of your favorite blogs?
oh boy, this tricky... I'll stick to fashion blogs.
Stefanie at Steffy Pros and Cons (http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com/)
Kristine at Kristine-or-Polly (http://www.kristineorpolly.com/)
Katie at Katie's Pencil box (http://www.katiespencilbox.com/)
Natalie at Nat The Fat Rat (http://www.natthefatrat.com/)
Meg at The Happy Hour (http://tanandmeg.blogspot.com/)

5. What do you do when you are not blogging?
There is a life outside of blogging??!! just kidding. I am a full time student so I go to school and do homework, a lot. I also work at an assisted living home where I have the cutest Grandmas and Grandpas. If I'm not working or being bogged down with school I am probably day dreaming, having a spontaneous adventure, running (I signed up for a marathon!!), doing a photo shoot for someone, going on dates with 90 year olds, shopping, coaching soccer, or sleeping. but really not that much sleeping, sadly.  

6. How did you celebrate Valentine’s Day and are you doing anything for St. Patrick's Day?Let me tell you something, I love, love, love holidays. like, really. Not that you asked, but my favorite is birthdays! You get to celebrate how wonderful life is. Anyway, for valentines day I sent out valentines to friends and family (psst Moriah did you get yours??), wore purple tie dye and red to 6am soccer conditioning, dressed up in a leopard sweater for school, and made sugar cookies at work with my oldies.  Just small simple things that made me remember how much I love life. You can bet I will be celebrating St Patty's Day. I will probably eat green eggs and ham, wear lots of green, stylishly, and of course have cabbage and corn beef for dinner. Mmmmm...

7. You definitely have style, girl. What’s your favorite go to piece?
I think I have more of a go to outfit... a hat, skirt, tights and boots. I wear this combo all. the. time. Probably too much. Several people have asked me if I ever wear pants. To those who have questioned that but haven't verbalized it yet, yes, I wear pants and jeans for that matter! The outfit works for every occasion. Dress it up with a lace shirt and wedged boots or down with a jean shirt and baggy sweater. Plus, it's really comfy.

8. Who are your style icons?
Alexa Chung, Iris Apfel, Emma Watson, and DI manikins.

9. A lot of your blog features your photography. What got you into taking pictures and what inspires you?
When I started high school, photography classes were just starting to be offered. My class got to be the guinea pigs for the spectacular program. I like to think of my self as a creative person and photography has only enhanced that.  My photography has moved manly towards people. I am inspired when I see emotion and they are everywhere... an elderly man looking over the obituaries in the news paper, a boy with his Ipod in his ears sitting in the playground, a Mother cooking, a single baby shoe on the street, faces in airports. The list could go on and on. I like being able to see and capture what is truly around me.

10. What are your future goals?
I want to become a RN, cross your fingers I get into the program, and eventually a midwife. I aspire to living out of the United States, having one of my photographs in National Geographic (Passionately love that magazine), running a 100 miler ultra marathon, and having 100 blog followers by the end of 2012....

Thanks Kate! You're the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment