Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Guest Post- Ashlyn

So this little post is by Ashlyn, my (Logan's) fellow softball team-mate and long time friend.

Her and I get in trouble by our coach a lot because we have a blast and she thinks we are

too silly when we are together. Which we are :) So here is a quick read- I hope you enjoy

her humor just as much as I do.


When Logan came up to me last week during Softball practice, I knew it could only mean

one thing.. I was her guest Blogger. Wow was I nervous! But as I began pondering on a

topic, I thought of all the blessing I would receive from this. So in Matthew 5 it says.... 
Okay but really. I didn't know something to talk about because everyone who blogs on here

is really clever and funny, to an extreme! I have my moments, but they are rare! ha. Okay

so one thing I've always have been interested about are the cliques at Madison High

School, and how ridiculous it is! There are the preps, and the nerds, the athletes.. you all

know what I'm talking about. Anyways I know that people hang out with the people they

do, because they are around each other a lot and have the same interests. But I've loved

getting to know different people from different "cliques". Softball is a great example,

because most of us aren't really "athletes" because in softball, you don't need a lot of

athletic ability. So we have the musicians, the group of people who drink monsters and

make out with a lot of boys, and a lot of people who don't really fit in a specific clique. But

something I find interesting, is that we're all able to connect in some way. If everyone in

high school got over themselves and realized how not that cool they are, and actually got

out and met different people, they'd realize how many things they have in common with a

ton of different people! As a senior in high school, that's the one thing I wish I could have

done different. I would have branched out and met as many different people as I could!

Because looking back, I can't say many people know me, or that I know many people. So

my advice for all you youngins out there would be to get out and meet as many people as

you can!
Now to finish I tried finding a quote that has to do with branching out, and this is what it

gave me... "I want to branch out. I want to write. I write poetry. I want to see my children

grow up well."-Annie Lennox

Happy Hunting!! 
-Ashlyn


 Ashlyn with her famous little fam.
 ope! gotta love dogs!
 oh ya! Ashlyn is a very good second baseman-but right here she is playing pitcher and trying to get the out at home.
Ashlyn and I on the night of Junior Miss- she completely biffed it in the dress rehearsal (she was right next to me and i said "get up now!!" it was hilarious) :) Love ya Ash!!

Thanks Ashlyn, we sure appreciate your humor on and off the field! Go to Matthew 5 everyone! And branch out so that you don't look back and say "I wish I would have been her/his friend".
p.s. Love the creepy quote from Annie!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all changes when you get out of High school. (the cliques) Happy hunting :)
    She's a cute girl. I knew her bro...awesome awesome kid!

    ReplyDelete