Friday, January 20, 2012

Words- the Great and the Horrific

So Moriah and I have always been very inviting of new words. We love to use them in contexts that don't make sense but are very funny and force a chunk of laughter out. A couple of years ago, Moriah told me that she loathed the word MOIST. Why?? It makes your mouth do weird things and if you think about it, it really is creepy, because something should either be wet, or dry, not in between with a sparkle of precipitation. I will let Moriah go on about her feelings of other words, I don't want to steal her thunder.

On Tuesday the 10th, I was in my AP English class, and in this class kids use words that make you wrench your back to find your dictionary. One of my fellow classmates said a word that made my gut turn in a knot. It is this: TUTELAGE. Like you have a tutor, so you are under their tutelage. Toot is a displeasing word, so adding another suffix to the end doesn't help, but hinders the appeal of it. Creepy.

On the same day, in the same class, I discovered a word that I love, it is COLLOQUIAL. This word, the extreme opposite of the first, makes your mouth move great, and it sounds great too. Almost fresh, like hunting pheasants in the fall- I just really get that feeling. Tutelage connotes a skinny teacher with his glasses on the tip of his nose looking down past his baby mustache at you and being disappointed.


Definitely not what I was thinking of when I said smug teacher with a mustache. Awkward. 


run buddy

Moriah here. So words huh? Well I am a big hater of moist because your mouth feels all strange afterwards. I'm not a fan of like or um or interupting (not a word, but still). I don't like swear words either. Except the "B" word is funny once in a blue moon. That is horrible to admit, but I know Logan has my back on this one.

I Love:

Scallywag: noun
1. a scamp; rascal.

Sassy: adjective, sas·si·er, sas·si·est. Informal .
1. impertinent; insolent; saucy: a sassy reply; a sassy teen.
2. pert; boldly smart; saucy: a sassy red handbag.

I also love using ghetto slang. Yo Jeezy Fresh.

Big News:
Taylor Swift is on the cover of Vogue!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment