Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Guestpost

Here is a juicy little nugget of words from Moriah's sassy and crazy great sister Michaela. Enjoy!



Michaela



I hope that I am not alone when I say that I wish my life were a movie. I’m serious – I once started writing a script during a dramatic point in my life (eighth grade really sucks). If my life were a movie, it would be directed by Stephen Spielberg and Alfred Hitchcock, the music would be done by Coldplay and John Williams, and the script would be written by Shakespeare and Chuck Norris. As much as I hate to admit it, I’m a hopeless romantic, so my life-movie would be some hodgepodge of comedy, geekfest, romance, and even some action/suspense – but only on the days that I was really annoyed with someone.


                You see, in a movie, if the heroine is ever slighted by a moronic, blond bimbo with an ultrawhite smile that makes boys stare at her whilst drooling, said bimbo is eventually either ostracized from the community or severely embarrassed by the time the movie is over. In my movie, my friend group goes out every weekend and does crazy things: we’d go bridge jumping one day, ice fishing the next. In my movie, the tall, incredibly attractive nerd would be as infatuated with me as I am with him; after all the real-life alternative of him being blissfully unaware of my feelings isn’t really preferable over the ­aforementioned alternative. But whatevs. Oh, and in my movie, people would actually laugh at my really geeky jokes and/or Star Trek puns.


                Music would also be really important in my movie. Each character would be assigned a different song, the opening and closing music would sound very epic and suspense-building, and the score would sound like a mixture between the music of Indiana Jones and Sherlock Holmes. Yeah. After all, I’m such a band geek that I go to movies and instead of saying, “Look at those special effects!” I whisper, “Whoa, did you hear that flippin’ awesome chord progression?”


                Basically, I think that most of us wish that our life was narrated, and that all of our major conflicts will one day be ingeniously resolved. The thing about our regular lives, though, is that they are better for one main reason: they’re actually real.


Thanks Michaela! We wish our lives were movies, no question.  Love, The Friendship Addicts

<---------------Logan's birthday present just came in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment