Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{ Why Not Heart Valentine's Day? }


Moriah:

Society and movies tell me that if I'm single then Valentine's Day is the most depressing day of the year. Well the thing is society and movies that I've had 19 single Valentine's Day and enjoyed all of them. How cool is is that we one day a year we are reminded to tell people we love them, get to decorate cupcakes and eat candy hearts with funny saying on them, pull out that pink and red stuff we never wear, make cute little cards and listen to happy music?

Sure, a lot of the holiday is cheesy and commercial. If a guy wanted to win my heart today he would not get me a red rose, a teddy bear, and a box of chocolates. That just screams L-A-M-E and unoriginal. Did you forget it was the 14th and stop off at 7Eleven in a hurry? Girls (and I mean girls outside of junior high) don't like all of those cliche gifts. That doesn't mean it is hard or stressful. Guys, go pick some wildflowers and put them in a vase, build a fort, make a big pot of spaghetti, get a pint of Ben and Jerry's and rent the Lizzie McGuire movie. It is that simple and cheap. Originality wins you big points.

My senior year I gave out Hannah Montana valentines with matching tattoos. Even to my teachers. Yes, I am that crazy girl who loves Hannah Montana and valentines and I am perfectly ok with that. Plus, I got heart shaped glittery glasses at school and rubber bracelets and an extreme amount of treats. I ate a sugar cookies, a cupcake, 3 rice crispy treats, m&m's, kisses, grapes and cheese cubes. Sugar overload!! Then I came home to a box of chocolates on the doorstep that said "To the sexiest girls in the ward, love your secret admirer." Me sexy? Baha weird. They are good chocolates though admirer, and I like that coconut one so thanks. I also wore my mood lip gloss that turns bright pink in the heat so that was cool. Yes, I looked like a silly girl. Whatevs.  Be happy that it is February 14th and live it up.

{I love....My parents, my beautiful sisters and studly brother, my 3 fish back home, Logan, Paige, and Jenna, my hilarious roommates, the Gospel, my friends far and near, and anyone I have ever given a Valentine to.}


Logan:

I still have that Valentine card that Moriah gave me last year of Hannah Montana. It is in my wallet, but I have already used the tattoo. I rocked the skate park with it.

I like Valentine's day. I really do. Even though I have only gotten one Valentine in fifth grade from this boy I liked, I still think that it is very fun to feel love swimming throughout the air. This morning, like all Valentine mornings, my mom had put a red tablecloth on the table, scattered pink red and white m&m's, and gave me and my two siblings at home a bag/box of Giardelhi (however you spell that, i am not going to pull one out to make sure it is correct) chocolates. Rockin! and we had home made cinnamon rolls, which my Mother is the best at making.

I have gotten a butt load of candy from friends and teachers, and the school district even passed out GIANT heart cookies, so that made me feel popular. Also we had a special shrimp basket for lunch in the cafeteria and red velvet cake. Yummo. So even if you are single, it's like WHATEVS!! because you get a sugar overload, so if you are hypoglycemic (idk how to spell that either) then you wont have to worry about fainting or shaking on this day.

The only bad part that I can find about Valentines day is that at my work- Papa Murphy's- it is like the busiest day of the year!! we have these heart shaped pizza's that are called Heat Baker's. Lame name, but apparently Canada patented "heart shaped" for some toy, so we can't use it for a pizza in our different country, huh. But Paige and I get off at 6:30, which is super rockin.

Tonight for mutual the laurels (16-18 year olds -I am the oldest person that goes, just because I don't want to stop going, and its still legal for me to still go)) and the priests (16-18 also) get to team up (like a couple) and we get to make pinewood derby cars and race them!!! Woo! I have never made one before because everyone thinks that only boys can do them. Wrong.

Anyways, today will be/has been a great day. Except for my English teacher took away my phone because I pulled it out for announcements and when he was passing out papers. So it didn't even matter, dang it. But now I have lunch detention for the rest of the week. Lame. Oh well, I can get some homework done I guess.

I sincerely hope that you all get great unique gifts, and if not, party rock it with your peeps, they are better anyways.  <---- Baha Logan you are hilarious.

via

Have a magical Valentine's Day!



3 comments:

  1. Moriah I guess you love me because you gave ME a Valentime today! Yes it was via text but since technology is advancing so should Valentimes right?
    Logan. Your teacher did not take your cell phone away. He took MOM'S cell phone away AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    MWAH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conner, I'm just going to do it. I am confessing my love to you via the internet. Yes this is via blogger but since technology is advancing so should confessions of love right?

      Delete
  2. conner good news- I can use mom's phone whenever i want and i never have to pay a penny, which is better than your situation was in high school. baha :)p.s. put more pics of yourself on your popluar blog, pictures are a blogs best quality. plus I like you background with the road. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete